Friday 2 December 2011

Iconic Sounds


I am extremely fond of classical music being used in films. I find it can evoke a great deal of emotion and sets a subtle mood. Sometimes, when used effectively, you are not even aware that there is music playing in the background of a film.

I find that using classical numbers will help set the more sombre tone to my piece. I am very fond of Elliot Goldenthal's work. He has done the soundtrack for the Crime Drama Public Enemies, I find the pieces composed for this film are extremely powerful and I would like to use similar music to this if I choose to use music in my task.

As I am also fond of Film Noir, I have a soft spot for typical 1930's singers, too. I love Billie Holiday's music, and find her style is also powerful as her voice carries a great deal of emotion and passion when she sings.




                                              
 
In the film Pride and Prejudice, I find the classical music is some of the best I have ever heard in a film. My favorite piece from the film has to be 'Liz on top of the World'. 

Another song which I find deep and emotive is Cold by Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely getting a feel for the sort of soundtrack you want to use in your own film opening. I love the way you have embedded the music that has inspired you into your blog in this way. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete