Thursday 26 April 2012

Evaluation - Distribution under a Media Institution

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


After my interview with Simon Egan (producer of 'The King's Speech), it became clear from him that finding a company to distribute your film is not too challenging if the script is likable.

'The King's Speech' recieved funding from the UK Film Council; now that has closed down I would approach the BFI, which now if the funding body for British films. Now that there are new regulations about tax breaks for British films, my film is desirable as it is set and made in the UK using British actors. I may also approach Bedlam Productions for help with funding and distributing my film because of their links with Momentum Pictures.

I name a conscious decision not to name any of the roles or people involved in my film as I felt it did not follow the conventions of a Drama film with more serious tones and themes.

Below is my full interview with Simon Egan who produced 'The King's Speech', we discussed points such as how a small production company such as Bedlam managed to gain the interest of a huge institution such as Momentum pictures, along with other distribution and production issues the film faced whilst being made.

Bedlam interview

2 comments:

  1. If you go to this page http://www.podbean.com/podcast-players?b=475255&p=2727679&f=http://littlebigh.podbean.com/mf/play/syjtpt/BedlamProductionsInterviewEditedMP3.mp3 you can click on an embed code which will enable you to embed a little player into your blog - then you don't have to take people off your blog when they listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried them, they don't seem to work :s..

    ReplyDelete